Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthday Card

This afternoon I sat down to make a birthday card, and had a great thought in my head, that I know would turn out great.  However, the end result is nothing like I had planned out in my mind. 

To make the front of this card, I just a sheet of paper out of the Social Butterfly pad.  I cut off the corner pieces thinking I would add silk flowers and a great tulle bow to make the front of the card.  However, after I cut the paper and glued it on the pink sheet of card stock, I decided all it needed was the bow and then to glue it onto the green card stock.   I then added the shape at the top of the card and added the Happy Birthday sentiment. 
I don’t like to waste paper so I decided to try to salvage some of the paper with the flowers and add to the inside.  I really like how the inside turned out.  So many times I just leave the inside blank  and this time I am glad that I didn’t. 

I hope the recipient also likes the card.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love the color combination. So nice you have started quilling. I am not an expert at it either but find it very interesting. Will be seeing you.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You card is wonderful! I love the touch to the inside ! Great job! Thanks for stopping by my blog also!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.