Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tag Swap

I recently participated in a tag swap, (the first time I have done something like this) and thought I would share the two different tags that I made. 

The Stamp Tag.  We needed to decorate the tag any way we chose by stamping the image.  I chose a nice even stamp with the Words “Nature” and a butterfly.  I have always liked this stamp and thought it was great for this purpose.  For the background, I laid my tags out on the table and used my Tattered Angels glimmer mist.  I used two colors, “Viva Pink” and “Electric Blue”.  I like the outcome of this tag and I am thinking I will try to duplicate this spray technique onto a scrapbook page.


The Monogram tag.  This one was fun to do but took a little more thought.  I knew I wanted to use my new Cuddlebug All in One Embosser to emboss the tag, but I was less than impressed with the way the design, as it did not pop like I had hoped it would.  I tried inking the edges and still nothing. My hubby (being the smart man he is) thought I should ink the whole tag to see how that looked.  The first thing I did was drag the tag edges along the Archival Ink Stamp Pad to darken the edges. As you can see, I was not careful when completing this process. I wanted not only the edges, but also part of the tag too. Then, using my Archival Sepia tone ink and my Tim Holtz, Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator I added ink on the whole tag. I simply used one of the pads, tapped it lightly on the inkpad, then gently rubbed it on the tag. I really like the results of the inking process.  The tags look like a well used leather luggage tag.  I completed the look with a Monogram letter cut out at 1” using the Cricut Cake Cartridge and added a brown ribbon.


Each tag came out just a little bit different which made the process more fun.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.