Friday, November 16, 2012

Eleanor and Pickles Say Happy Thanksgiving


Today is less than a week away from Thanksgiving and it is a time for reflection and a time to be "thankful" whether it be for where you are today, where you've been, or where you're going! Today, Her Craft Kre8tions is reflecting on Thankful!!!

Our brilliant designers have been given this assignment with only a stipulation as to not have a card but to depict something they are thankful for! Easy peasy, right???? OK, maybe not  . . . but sit back a spell, reflect on your own thankfulness while you check out this fabulous line-up:

Lynne - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
Kimberly - http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/
Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com
Janet - http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

I am a real rule breaker, and today is no different.  I know Lynne asked for anything but a card, but, I made a card instead.  She eventually changed the rules for those of us who are card makers.

My card today is created using on of my favorite designers, Heather Valentin who draws digis for Scrapbook Stamp Society.  She draws the cutest Eleanor and Pickles digis I have ever seen.  I love them all and plan to have each and everyone of them.

Today, I used the digi Eleanor and Pickles Thanksgiving.

 
 I colored my digi with my crayola colored pencils and blended using gamsol.  This is a technique I have been using for about six month now and I must admit, I have a lot to learn yet, but I am loving the process.

Once, I completed the drawing it was time to put the card together.  I mounted the digi on brown card stock, and included two 2x2" squares of two tones of orange in the top left corner.  I further completed the card by adding a pink colored rose and some fall twigs I nipped off an old candle right.

This card is way out of my comfort zone, but I do like how it turned out.

There will be a special gift awarded to one lucky recipient who remarks along the way with what they are thankful for this season.

Your next stop along the way is . Please have a blessed holiday and let us show our Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. How cute! Love the flower. love the image too. It made me smile. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame on you you rule breaker .... but I sew love your card along with being in the same hop!!! Great job my dear friend!!!
    Much Love, Hugs, and Friendship!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable. This season I am especially thankful for family. This will be the first holiday season since my grandmother's passing. I know it will be hard but I have a wonderful family to support me and I will support them in return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable! I have never heard of Eleanor and pickles, goin to have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card that digi is too cute and you colored it beautifully!
    Big Thanksgiving Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.