Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pinque Peacock ~ Altered Purse Box


Good Morning to all of my Blogger Friends!!!!  I am so happy and so excited to say I am one of the newest members of the Pinque Peacock Family.  It is such an honor to join a very talented group of peacocks.

I am mostly a card maker, with an occasional scrapbook page thrown into the mix, however, today, I decided I was going to crawl way out of my comfort zone and try something different.  I have only done one other altered box and a good friend helped me with it.  So doing this one alone, was a little nerve wracking for me!

I have made an Altered Purse Box, and I had a blast doing so.  I bought my box at Michael's for $3.00 and painted it with Rich Expresso Metallic paint.  I used paper from the Colorbook Rosewood Stack.

I first did the inside, thinking I would glue the lid open, however, after I got started, I decided that I would rather close the box and use it for trinkets or maybe some costume jewelry. So I also decorated the outside to match, but added some paper roses in blue and white.


Here is my project:


Doing an altered box is a new task for me, and with that new task comes a few oopss along the way.  For instance, when I added the designer paper on the inside of the box, I wrinkled it then could not get it back up again. So, I added a beautiful diamond flourish with tiny ivory colored roses.  (I know, very hard to see in the photograph) The flourish went right up the crease, and you would never knew it was creased (had I not opened my big mouth).  I am a full disclosed crafter, I make mistakes and live to tell about them.  This way, I won't make them again. 


This is the top of my box, (which I am very happy with) decorated with blue and white paper roses and a beautiful stick pin which my friend Veronica made.  To add a little sparkle to the top of the box, I added a small flourish here as well.  I would like to add some sparkle to the rose, but in all fairness, I don't want to mess it up.  My hands and stickles are never good together.  I always end up with blobs instead of the pretty detailed lines that I see other crafters create. 

Do I see things that I would like to do differently when I do the next box? Of course I do, that is all part of the process of improvement. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I look forward to your  comments and any suggestions for improvement.  Be sure to stop by the Pinque Peacock Blog to see what all my Design Team Sisters are creating with the pretty Pinque Peacock Products.  You can get your own Pinque Peacock products here

Kimberly 

3 comments:

  1. Truly Beautiful! So happy you shared this "new" crafty creation with us.
    ~ Quirky Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly - this is just beauitful! You did an amazing job and I bet it's the start of a new obsession! LOL!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.