Monday, September 30, 2013

Pinque Peacock ~ Take Note . . .

Hello, it is me again, with another posting to share with you using the Layered Garden Beauties from Pinque Peacock.  Personally for me, a project is not complete unless you have flowers on it. And this project is no different.  Flowers just add a certain spark for me. Yes, I know, I used this same flower on my project yesterday.  I love the flowers, what can I say.
 
 
Have you ever been somewhere and had a great thought pop into your head but found you had nothing to record that thought?  If you are like me, when you think of something, you need to write it down right away, or you end up forgetting it.  How about a sweet little notebook that is easy to carry around in your hand bag? You could even keep it beside the bed because this small size won't take up much room.
I love fast and easy projects. This one was just that for sure.  Very simple to complete.  I simply covered the little notebook with some paper.  A thin layer of Mod Podge works perfectly.  Once it dried, I took my handy little exacto knife and carefully trimmed around the edges.   Because I knew it would be in my handbag, I decided I needed to sand down the edges just a little bit and give it a nice even distressed look.  I toyed with the idea of adding some ink to the edges, however, with the use of mod podge (even when I am careful) I was afraid the ink would look funny. So I opted out of inking the edges.  
 
I am the world's worst at making bows, I don't mind telling you that at all. So I always dig out my handy dandy little bow easy tool to make my bows.  Trust me when I say they look a million times better than what I could ever do.
 
I completed my little notebook with a cute die cut from my stash.  I would love to tell you who made it, but to be honest, I keep all my die cuts like this in a little baggie. They are all mixed and matched.   I could toss out a wild guess, but I won't. 
 
Now, what project is complete without a flower.  Especially a beautiful Layered Garden Beauties from Pinque Peacock. 
 
Here is another angle of the notebook, it is small, compact, and not very thick at all.  Perfect as I said for carrying around in your handbag. 
 

Thanks for stopping in to check out my project today. 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous design and color choice!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little note pad, Kimberly....I think you ARE good at making bows, this one is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the paper choices. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo cute! I love the colors on this and that beautiful flower just finishes it off nicely. I love having little notebooks to help me keep track of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim I so need this idea book. Its such a great idea. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.