Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Steam Punk Sally and A Butterfly Fairy ~ A Step in the Dark

Hello Everyone, 

Here i am again today with another walk down the dark side and to share with you two cards I have done for this weeks challenge for A Step in the Dark. Please visit the blog here.  You will find some great creations for the rest of the Design Team, where we were challenge to use works of art from Stitchy Bear as well as Wilmars Art.  Anything goes was the challenge for this week.  I can do anything goes. 
   
 The first card is from Stitchy Bear, Steam Punk Sally. 
  

This is a great image and honestly, I did not do a lot to it, for fear of taking away from the steampunk look. I colored in her skin, added some eye shadow, and a little bit of gray for her hair.  I than simply added a nice black lace bow, two home made rolled roses, and one lavender paper rose given to me from a friend. I thought it needed a little bit more, so I also added two silver leaves, and bent them to make them look less flat. 

The second card I added this week is from Wilmars Art, called Butterfly fairy and Baby Fairy.  



This image I colored using Photoshop.  I knew there was no way I could color the wings and not mess them by making them to dark.  I also wanted my grape leaves to look realistic, and honestly, I am still learning to blend and highlight successfully.  I added a grapevine down the left hand side and three purple gems in the top left corner and another single one in the bottom right corner.  


Walking on the Dark Side is starting to be more my style of crafting, and I am really like dabbling in dark.  I am not always successful in my attempts, but as I grow and work at it, I will get better. 


I would love to read your comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.