Monday, April 6, 2015

Hello Cupcake

Check out this double pocket card I made for my DT posting over at Get Creative Challenges.  The challenge this week was to use a tag in your project.  We were provided a Lemon Shortbread image ( what a selection of images they have) and I chose the Cupcakes Delight Girl.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this digi stamp and how I needed to pull it off (or so I hoped).

Not long ago, I made this double pocket cards, and they were a hit.  People liked the simplicity of them, and really liked the added tags where they could continue to use them even after the occasion.   I knew they were really easy to do, but it had been a while so I turned to the Internet for a quick tutorial.  After a quick watch, the results were as fast and easy as I remember them to be. 

A couple of things I remembered after I was done.  This is easier to complete if you use double sided design paper instead of double sided card stock.  You card will lay better and look more professional.  Also, you need to not use double sided card stock with words on it, or a specific one sided pattern.  As you can see from the card, my words are upside down because of the way you fold the card.  Finally, use a good score tape, or good glue, (this is especially true if you are using card stock) to ensure your card will stay together.  I had problems with my paper holding with the ATG tape I used.

All in all, I like how it turned out.  Had I used Designer Paper rather than this fun card stock, I would have then secured the double pockets facing to a card.  As it is now, it is already thick and might add additional postage to mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.