Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Get Well Card

I was in a hurry to get this card finished and in the mail that I forgot to take a picture of the completed project.  (drats)  I have a friend whose little man is in the hospital so I quickly made this card so I could send it off to them.  I may have to have him take a pic of the card for me. 
I have always wanted to try an Easel Card. I have seen several tutorials but the one Cristina from http://www.craftingwithcristina.com/ sent me was the best I had seen yet.  Thank you Cristina!!!
The little turtle was just to cute not to use, and when I got him pasted to the card with pop-dots, I thought he needed and eye. So I added a moving eye to the head.  I then added a sun up in the corner of the card to help use up some of the empty space.  I wanted to add some ribbon, but as luck would have it, I did not have any colors that were in the card.  I need to go on a ribbon buying spree I suppose.
I know the card is not perfect, but I was in a hurry when I created it, as I wanted to get it off to my friend. His son won’t care, he is only 11 months old. I have learned a lot from creating this first easel card, now, on to more elaborate ones, that are pretty and have lots of bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.