Wednesday, March 30, 2011

And Layout and a Card

Here are a couple of more designs I have made in the past week.  Nothing special, and no specific reason for making them.  I am in a learning process and sit and create for the fun of it. If it works out, I use them, if not, well, I recycle the paper, send it off to my sister in law who uses it to make her own paper. I don’t know how, but she does. She is GOOD at what she does, and I am glad she is helping me with my creations.  The ideas we share back and forth help both of us.

Both designs I completed off sketch challenges found at www.pagesintime.com. I recently joined this website and have found some great inspiration from these crafty gals.  This Precious Little Moments layout is my son and their new daughter. As you can see, I got carried away with the bling, but I like bling and it is fun to use. So why not?  Who is to say it is right or wrong, and I like how it turned out.


My Dream card was also a challenge sketch from Pages In Time.  I did not follow the sketch totally, because it was just to much for me. But I am close.  I love the stamp/punch set I got from www.stampinup.com and I was dying to try it out.  I am not sure the color combinations are quite right, but I do like the bold differences to help make the blossoms stand out more.  And yes, I added bling, to the flower center and to the ends of the ribbon lines.  Personally, I did not like the cut ends of the ribbon showing so I covered them up. 
What do you think?  What would you have done differently if you were creating the card?




Thanks as always for your great comments and suggestions. This is what helps me build and grow in my cards and layouts.
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.