Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Recent Creations

Here are a  few cards that I have made in the last week.  I am just now beginning to get into cards and I know these are all pretty basic, but we all have to start somewhere, right?
This first one, (I apologize for the less then quality picture) was made for St. Patrick’s Day.  I used a readymade card from Avery (only because I had them and wanted to use them up) and covered the front with a green tartan design.  I then took a white piece of card stock and embossed it with my cuddle bugs. From there, I stamped the “Kiss me” and I added some green gems to make the card pop a little.   I completed the design by using a sheet of vellum and my printer to add the Irish Blessing, and completed the design by securing the vellum to the inside of the card with a band of matching card stock.


The next card is one I am playing with to make an Easter card.  I got a new Cartridge and decided to try it out. Inspired Heart (a lite cartridge) has some great cuts on it and I cannot wait to sit down and really do some special cuts.
After I made the card, with black and purple, I thought it looked flat. So, (as I have seen done on other blogs) I used a white marker pen and I added some stitching.  I am still not pleased with the whole thing, but, it is a starting point and I have some better ideas of what I can do differently.  I finished off the design with a satin purple ribbon.
On the inside of the card, I cut a crucifix and pasted it to the left leaving room for a hand written Easter message.


I get my inspiration from reading magazines and others blogs. I know I don’t thank those crafters enough for sharing their thoughts and ideas. This next card, I found in a magazine, and changed it up a bit to make it a card for a mother.  While it does not say anything specific for Mother’s Day, I believe it could be used for anything, such as just to show your mom how much you appreciate all she has done for you.
My favorite part of the whole card is the embossing. I used the Paisley folder for this card and really like the look of it. I am still looking for a better stamp to use in the center, although I do like this little stamp. It really reminds me of spring and my grandmother working in her flower garden.  
As you can tell,  I am a newbie at all of this, and I still need to work on my bow tying skills.  J As of yet, I have done nothing with the inside of the card.

The last  card I am adding for tonight is one that took me the better part of a day to make.  I used a stamp that came with one of the magazines I purchased.  The stamp set is called Molly Blooms.  The card is one that was in the magazine, I just made some changes to my liking.  So far, this is the favorite card I have made.  I set the stamp, then gave it plenty of time to dry before I sat down to color it with my Crayola Colored Pencils.
I have decided however, that I never have all the supplies I need.  I need buttons and ribbon of all colors.  I’m going on a shopping spree.  Look out craft stores here I come.  The Sending You Hugs card still needs to have some embellishments added, such as colorful buttons and some party sparkle. 

I would be interested to know what you think, and what improvements I could make to my designs. Don’t worry that you would hurt my feelings, I know we all have different tastes, but I would love to hear your comments and feed off your inspiration.
Kimberly
=)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kimberly!
    I like that Cricut cart, too, but haven't bought it yet. I really like the image you choose for the inside of that card. Your fake stitching turned out great, too. I never get mine straight < . < You could have popped up the Faith word to add even more dimension to the front. It should still mail ok. Mine do. On the next card you could have faked the ribbon. you tie two pieces of ribbon together and attache them to the back separately. That way you don't have to worry about the tension. No one can see because you attached that to the card front. I had that same problem in the beginning. Still would if I didn't fake it ;- ) I like how you last card looks. I think you're right a few embellishments and some bling (like glitter makers or such) will finish it off perfectly. There a tutorials about using colored pencils and gamasol to do more shading, if you're interested. You could just google them. I love the simple, cleanness of your Irish card. You see so many ideas when you look around and then you can't always remember them or you use 1 or 2 and for get the others. Sometimes you look back at past cards and realize you forgot you did things like that and want to do those techniques again, because they were really cool. The more you do, the more you remember and forget! Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.