Sunday, May 15, 2011

Birthday Card

Below are some of the cards I have made in the last few days. Each day I learn new and fun things to do with my cards. As a newbie, I know that I still have a lot of work to do, but as I always say, we all have to start somewhere right? Comments and suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

This first card is a birthday card, where I used my Cuddlebug to emboss the purple; I then added some brads to help accent some of the flowers. The cuts on the right hand side of the card are called a quilt cut. I wanted some color to shine through when the card was closed, so I duplicated the cut and then used my color box ink stamper to add a lighter shade of purple to the inside. It did not work near as well as I had envisioned, but only the bottom one is not quite lined up. I finished off the card by adding a stamp of birthday cakes and a birthday message.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.