Saturday, September 24, 2011

Friendship Card

In one of the classes that I teach, I am trying to express to my students the need to step out of your comfort zone if you want to make a difference in our business society.  Well, it is time I do the same myself, so I have been watching a lot of video’s on distressing so I thought I would try something out of my comfort zone.  I do not do a lot (next to none) of work using distressing inks.  I have done a couple of very simplistic projects I will share later this week.

I created this card by first using a heat embossing with a sparkle white embossing powder.  I then used a Tim Holtz “Tea Dye” Distress Ink to ink the entire design.  Using his distressing tool, I rubbed over the entire design until all of the doily was clean and sparkled.  I topped it off with a stick on rosé simply because I am not good at making flowers (yet).  I am working on that technique by watching more videos.

The inside is stamped with a friendship sentiment; however, this card could easily be used for any holiday or occasion.

1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderfully pretty! Love the adaptability of this timeless design, and that as you pointed out, you could use it for pretty much any occasion or holiday.


    Thank you deeply for your lovely Thanksgiving Day wishes, I sincerely appreciate them, sweet friend.


    Big hugs,
    Jessic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.