Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sympathy Card

This is the first sympathy card I have made. I have to admit, this was not an easy card for me to make. I have seen other sympathy cards, but being the simplistic person I am, they were just not my style.





I used my small (2” x 2”) Cuttlebug Folders to create the embossed squares, I then created the quilted look pattern with the four squares. It was not until I was done with the card and photographed it did I realize that the bow I added at the bottom was white instead of ivory. (oh my  ~:^( )






The inside poem I got off of http://www.scrapbook.com/ where they have a great resource for those hard to create sentiments.  I used a confetti paper for the inside sentiment and for the embossed squares.  While I like the paper, I am not sure I like it for this design.  The flakes in the paper make it look like I have made a mess of the sentiment.



I wanted the colors to be cheerful, but not too bright. I hope this card adds a bit of a bright note to my friends sad week. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

I think this design could work well with any type of card, I think I will make more of these.



Thanks for stopping by,


Kimberly


3 comments:

  1. I Loved the simplicity of this card Kimberly,and the colors are nice for the type of card that it is,and yes you did something that typical off me ,(the bow)lol x the insert is a nice one too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! The bow is wonderful shape :)
    You do such beautiful work.
    Hugs
    A~

    ReplyDelete
  3. kim, this is really very beautiful. they are 'hard to make'. for your first one, you outdid yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.