Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Design Team ~ Tuesday Project ~ Gingerbread Christmas Layout

Happy Tuesday everyone!



Today for my Tuesday design team project I made a 12x12 layout from the wonderful Paper Piecings by Nikki. I used a combination of files for this layout. I used the Baking Memories as well as the freebie file Merry Christmas Peeker. This file won’t be free forever, so you better take advantage of it while you can.

 
I wanted this layout to be simple and a way for personal pictures to be added. I like the Pink and Green colors. To be honest, these are not colors that I would have put together, however, after seeing a wonderful card on a blog I visited, I thought, pink and green do make great Christmas colors.

The pink polka-dot ribbons at the top were added in two corners to help frame the picture.  I liked this better than adding the normal photo corners and it added a little bit of color as well. 












On the tree, instead of using paper (dots)ornaments, I decided to use bling for a little bit of glitter and shine. The gems are pink and red.









While on the snowman, I chose to use google eyes and then black gems for his buttons.


The snowman, gingerbread, and the tree are all from the Baking Memories file and the Merry Christmas sentiment if from the Merry Christmas Peeker.









I hope you will take some time to check out Paper Piecing by Nikki http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/ , she has some great files, and I have it on good authority that she has some awesome files in the making. I know you won’t want to miss them.


Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Girl, you have amazing skillz! Did you d/l the file and then add color prior to printing? You are so talented.
    Peace, love and hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.