Sunday, December 18, 2011

Paper Piecing by Nikki Design Team ~ Monday Card ~ Merry Christmas


With only a week left until Christmas, take a look at this was a fun card I made today. This is a free design from Paper Piecings by Nikki. (http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/) If you are not familiar with paper piecing, this would be a great way to get started. The design is small and does not take up a lot of your time.



I have developed a new love for little bears; soft, cute, cuddly bears. This little bear was so fast and easy to make (I made him while I was watching a football game). Like the Sweet Reindeer card I made on Saturday, I laid out all of the pieces and cut them using my Sure Cuts A Lot application. I have found this to be a super fast method, as I only have to cut once before I start to glue the pieces together.


What I really like about paper piecing is you have a piece created by the designer, yet you can put it together in any way that you want to. Like this little card, I chose to divide the two words and make a two liner rather than just one. I then added the little bear on the words Christmas and finished it off by adding some sparkling snowflakes.


Thanks for stopping by today.


Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.