Sunday, February 5, 2012

Guest Designer for Her Craftiness


Her Craftiness



Today I am honored to be a guest designer for Her Craftiness. And with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, and I wanted to make a sexy, shiny red high heeled candy holder.  I found a very helpful tutorial on line and set out to create.  I am a pearls and blue jeans kind of gal, so I added pearls to my candy shoe up the back seam, and around the toe. 





I am really beginning to step out of my comfort zone with my crafting, and while this design was not hard by any means, it is a far cry from the simplistic cards and layouts that I normally create.

There are a few things I will do differently when I make my next shoe, but really, isn’t that what crafting is all about? Learning from your mistakes and turning them around into improved projects? I am still learning how to use the glue gun so I do not make such a mess with my glue.  You can see a few traces of my mistakes on the shine of the shoe. 

I hope you like my shoe, I know I do, (even in its simplistic nature).  Thanks for stopping by today, and feel free to leave me comments.

Kimberly 

2 comments:

  1. Hot Dang It Girlfriend --- its hot and sexy and I'm loving it!!!!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness is that awesome! This would be fabulous for a bridal shower wouldn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.