Monday, February 6, 2012

Purple Funtastick Creations ~ Guest Designer




Today I am honored to be a guest Designer for Kari Sanchez.  I am also one of Kari’s Purplies, so I am having double the fun with my crafting.


Today I would like to share with you a Candy Box I made and decorated. The candy box is a file I got from SVGcuts and is called “One Piece Boxes”.




This is the second box I made. The first one I made from designer paper, and I felt it was too thin and weak to be supportive of the candy I plan to add.  This box is made from a white sheet of ColorBook Paper that I printed through my Print Master application.  Sometimes, I just like to make my own paper.

I embellished my candy box with three tiny silk pink roses, some greenery, and a pink bow. Someday, I hope I learn to make much better bows.




My candy box has four pieces of homemade chocolate candy my husband and I made.  I make candy at Christmas time, however, this is the first time I have made Valentine’s Day candy.  I just buy the Wilton’s heat and melt chips at JoAnn’s.  We melt them in the double boiler in the Wilton squeeze bottles.  This makes it very easy to get the small amounts of liquid into the heart areas. We then top it off with either dark chocolate or milk chocolate, shake the molds to get rid of air bubbles then refrigerate for about 30 minutes.  These are very fast and easy to make. 


Thank you Kari for allowing me to share my Valentine’s project with you and your readers.  Thank you for stopping in today, I look forward to reading your comments.

Kimberly 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Pretty pretty box....a special gift for sure..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.