Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dream and Love Wooden Frame

Hello Everyone,  today is my day to post for the wonderful Pinque Peacock's.  What a great group of ladies we have in this Design Team.  It is such a joy to work with all of them, and even more fun to see their wonderful creations each day.  If you are not a follower of the Pinque Peacock Blog, please make sure you do so right away, so you do not miss a single project by the awesome DT.

For your viewing pleasure, I have created a wonderful painted wooden frame and embellished it with a Pinque Peacock fabric splendid swirled flower, as well as other roses.  I also use  some scrabble letters to define some personal meaning to the project.

A few years back, my husband and I took a cruise on the Carnival Dream, and while we were sailing, we went to the Dream Studios and had a picture session.  What marvelous pictures they took, and to this day, I have not yet decided what I wanted to do with them.

As I stared this project, I knew that I wanted to make the frame, and I knew I wanted the frame to be pink (it is my favorite color after all) to match the white and pink fabric splendid swirled flower from Pink Peacock.  One of my favorite fabrics by the way.  I also knew I would be using the Scrabble letters to spell Love on my frame.  The Dream was an added bonus.

I started with the flower in the bottom left hand corner and just started adding embellishments from there. The pears and small flowers on the right hand side were an after though because I (and a friend helping me) felt the right hand side needed something more for balance.  I am still not sure about the roses around the fabric splendid swirled flower, but I like how it looks so I left it alone.

Here is my project:











I would love to know what you think, you can visit my blog here.


23 comments:

  1. Oh how cute. I think the roses next to PP flower is perfect. Beautiful frame and TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! I am loving your frame! That is really a wonderful photo to work with! I think the roses look great around the swirl flower and I especially like the pearls you added!
    Teresa
    www.createnjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty!! Love those flowers and the tiles are perfect!! TFS
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this frame Kimberly! The flowers and the pearls are so pretty -- the pic of you and hubby is so sweet :) TFS

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Altered Frame and Beautiful Photo of a Beautiful Couple!
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous altered frame and a beautiful photograph. Love the embellishments.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kimberley, So so BEAUTIFUL!! Love it
    Vanessa
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful frame Kimberley....love the flowers

    Tanya
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet... TFS from BIF, xo Nikki ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty frame, love the pearl accents and the flowers! BIF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is gorgeous!! The beautiful, happy photo really sets off this lovely frame, Kimberly. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful frame. I like everything about it and I love the scrabble lettering.

    Joanna x
    http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.co.uk/
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely frame and gorgeous picture of you!!
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic job on your frame!! LOVE IT
    Hugs
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful and love the PP flower!

    Susie
    http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOoh, you gotta love scrabble pieces!! (and the game itself!!)


    BIF
    htttp://dawnmercedes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful frame and your pic just makes even more beautiful! Thank You for sharing:)
    gloriasgoofycraftspot.blogspot.com
    Blogging it forward group.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful
    Blogging it forward.
    Blessings, Linda
    www.thefruitofmyhands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.