Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Stamping Chef New Release Tuesday





Hello and it is another  New Release Tuesday with The Stamping Chef.  I am sure you will be more than pleased with the new releases for this week.  Tamara has been hard at work creating all new digis for you.  I know you will be pleased with what you find.  Please, take a look for yourself. 
I am back again with more fun cards from The Stamping Chef.  Each week brings a new challenge for me with coloring the digis.  This week I have a fun image and a beautiful soft fairy.  I hope you enjoy them both.

Beware of Dog


This first card uses the Beware of Dog Digi.  How darn cute is he? I wanted the dog to be the main focus of the card.  As such, I used stricly black and red card stock and three small black pearls in the bottom of the card.  While I really had intended to use a "Sorry I Forgot Your Birthday" sentiment, I changed my mind and went with "A Happy Hello".  He just looks so happy to go on a  forgetful card.



Lost Fairy

In all honestly, I was very worried about starting this card. I was afraid I would not be able to do the image justice. It is such a beautiful fairy!!!  I colored her with very light pastel colors. I was most worried about how to complete the wings. I wanted them to appear transparent, so I used the lightest blue copic I had in my case. Once I colored them, I used my blending marker to help remove some of the color.

Her hair was fun, I used a darker yellow to bring out the highlights, I followed that up with a very light yellow, blending the two colors together.  Because she is a fairy, I thought she needed a little bit of color added in her hair, so I added some very soft pink highlights as well.  I can say, this is one of the first times I really like the hair since I have started coloring with my copics.

For her skin, I used my lightest color for skin.  I did not add much in the way of highlights, other than a little tiny bit of blush pink and some darker pink for her lips.  I am also pleased with how her skin tone turned out.

I completed the  coloring with a light pastel green dress.



I do like how this weeks cards turned out.  I hope you do as well. I would love to hear your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.