Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dr. Seuss Birthday and Melonheadz Illustrations Box Card

I love to create and love to try new things.  This week for  613 Avenue Create Design Team, I decided to try my hand at the ever popular pop up box card.  

This week the sponsors are Melonheadz Illustrations, combined with a Dr. Seuss sentiment.  This was a great challenge to combine the awesome digital images chosen with a fun sentiment.  An even bigger challenge to get the kids to all fit on the card the way I needed and wanted them to. 


"Why fit in, when you are born to stand out" Dr. Seuss sentiment fit perfectly with these adorable Melonheadz.  I colored each one in Photoshop and made each one of them try to stand out a little bit differently than the other.  Maybe it was the color of their hair, or the brightness of their clothing. Either way, the each one is unique in their own way.  Of course, it helps that they are such adorable digifiles.  

Be sure to stop by the  613 Avenue Create blog and enter the challenge. We would love to see what you can create. 



3 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly! Love this box card! I've been meaning to try one myself. It's just adorable and made the kidlettes fit too! I like the dude in the back with the yellow/red hair LOL!!

    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi is right - my eye went immediately to the ombre technique on the blond to orange hair! Nicely blended! My hats off to you being able to use photoshop to color images... I don't have a clue!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.