Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Learning to Use the Welding Features

After spending some time watching helpful tutorials on one of my favorite blogs, I have started practicing with the welding technique for my fonts.  I knew there was a way to do this but for the life of me, I could not figure it out. So I turned to the net and some of my favorite blogs and this is the result of my practice sessions.

As you can see, I still need to work on getting the letters a little closer, the last A in Alivia’s name is a little bit loose.  I had to stagger the letters because of the two I’s or I could not get them to weld and look right at all.  I love the nudge feature in Design Studio, but sometimes it nudges it more than I wish it would.
The cartridge I used for this experiment is the Pooh Font. I plan to use this font in my new granddaughter’s scrapbook.
It is all an experiment for me right now, as I continue to play with the power in front of me.   Tomorrow, I am going to try to weld multiple lines for phrases. “Happy Birthday”  “Happy Anniversary”.  I am sure there is a cartridge that already has this, but with limited funds, I have to pick and chose the cartridges I want and add the others to my list.
Wish me luck for tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.