Saturday, November 19, 2011

In a Childs Eye

This is a quick Christmas Card that I have made.  A while back I bought this metal self-adhesive paper.  It is actually made for a Quick Kut machine.  I don’t have that machine, but I knew I would find a use for this cool paper.  However, it is much thicker than I had originally thought it would be.
The first time I used this material, I ran it through my Big Shot machine and was quite pleased with the results.  This only had me thinking about other methods where I could use the material with my Big Shot.
I decided I wanted to attempt to heat emboss on the metal material, so I grabbed my embossing folders and found one that had a little bit of wintery/Christmas look to it.  I chose this one because it is so open in the middle.
I then chose a Christmas color embossing powder and set to work.  I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome of the embossing.  Honestly, I was afraid once I heat embossed it the embossing would just peel right off the metal.  However, it did not.
I like the shine of the metal up against the darker green with the sparke snowflakes.  I will be making other cards with this fun material, and will be trying to incorporate into some of my scrapbook pages as well.

Thank you for stopping by.  I always enjoy hearing from you.
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.