Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Step In The Dark ~ Vampires, Moons, and Bats

Hello Everyone, 

Today I would like to share with you another post for a A Step in the Dark. Please visit the blog here.  You will find some great creations for the rest of the Design Team, I was really inspired by the images for this challenge.   This week, we were used digi files from Fantasy Arts and Crafts.  Again, we are doing the challenge this week is Anything Goes. 


For the challenge this week, I chose the image  vampire moon bats. It was a very hard decisions, as I found some really great images on their page.  







I colored this image with my colored pencils and blended with Gamsol. I then dug out my Immortal stack and found this great back ground paper with spooky trees.  When I laid my image over the top of the page, I knew right away it was going to be a good fit.  I found this great wrought iron fence frame in the Silhouette Store and added it over the top of the layered paper and image.  I liked the look of the card with that added, however, I felt it was to plain and still needed something.  So again, I went to my Silhouette Store and found some additional tombstones.  




However, I did not like how easily the two layers blended together.  So, I dug out my chalk and a tiny cotton pompom and inked around the cut to help it stand out a little more.  I also chalked on the fronts of the tombstones to help the words stand out.  Finally, I thought, the white background of the image was to stark, so I again turned to my chalk and added some light gray to add to the mystic of the graveyard.  

I hope you like it, I know I sure had to step out of my comfort zone for this card.   Please make sure you join our challenge yourself. 

I would love to read your comments! 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberley brilliant colouring and a brilliant card. Thank you for a great challenge.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.