Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tsunami Rose Designs ~ Step Card

Good Morning Everyone, 

Today I have a great card to share with you.  I have created a step card using papers Daisy created at Tsunami Rose Design.  I have always loved her papers, and find so many wonderful uses for them.  You need to make sure you stop in and visit and look at all of her wonderful papers and her awesome printable journals. 

For this step card, I am using pages from the Petticoat Ephemera journal. and the Petticoat Add on Pages.   You can view the entire shop here

I used a template from the Silhouette store to make the card base.  You can find templates all over the internet, but I wanted my card to be a little larger, so I found one and then enlarged it.  Honestly, this way I didn't have to figure out the new score and cut lines.  I don't call it lazy, I call it efficient. Right?   

For the base, I then needed to make the paper just a little larger, so of course, like I always do, I put it into Photoshop and printed it out as a full letter size sheet.  



The pages in this journal are perfect for a step card.  Perfect graphics, perfect sentiments, perfect colors.  Simply print, trim and adhere to where you want them on your card.  


This Bingo card is simply stunning and was perfect for the step card.  A beautiful young lady who is happy with who she is.   She chose happiness and to be herself.  


To finish off my step card, I needed some bling of course, but not to much as it would distract from the natural beauty of the images and all cards need roses. So, again, I used a file from the Silhouette Store and made it much smaller to make the rolled roses.  Aft I cut out the flowers, I lightly inked them in pink to highlight the pink colors in the paper.  

You won't hear me say this often about my cards, but this one, I really love how it turned out.  I like msot all of my cards, but some, let's face it, I like more than others.  This one fits that bill. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope I have inspired you shop at the store and create something beautiful yourself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.