Saturday, March 5, 2016

Vintage Tag ~ Tsunami Rose Designs

Hello Everyone,

Today I have a tag to share with you.  This is my first time of making a Vintage Tag of this type.  I was so excited to try it.  I started with a picture of one of the Vintage Ladies from Tsunami Rose Collection.  I sized it a little larger as my tag is bigger than normal.  The tag is used to hold six flowers that I made for a flower swap.

I sized my tag according to the amount of lace I wanted to use at the bottom of the tag.  Because I am thrifty, I didn't want to cut the lace in the middle of the scallop, so I measured accordingly. Besides, cutting in the middle would just look bad, right? I used a nice vintage paper, which in the end you can't see anyway, but it is a nice thick card stock to help support the flowers I made for the swap.

I carefully glued the ivory lace down and then added the vintage lady over the top of the lace.  I then topped the vintage lady with the beautiful mulberry flowers to accent the colors in the background paper.   The tag looked rather plain, so I decided to add a bow in the top right hand corner.  I added tails around and down the left side and just down the right.  I use my hot glue gun to glue in place.  I toyed with the idea of adding a vintage charm to the bow, but decided against it as I thought it might distract from the over all look.

For my first time, I am very pleased with the results.  I hope you like it!


Though it is hard to tell it in the photograph, there are additions of  color on the paper behind the vintage lady that almost match perfectly to the paper I used.  You can see just a hint of the paper under the image.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.