Thursday, October 16, 2014

Steam Punk Bestie Candy Box

Today I want to share a fun project I made for Halloween.  I used this fun Steam Punk Bestie and created myself a fun candy box.  The candy box is an SVG pattern from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs called a Scalloped Gift Box. You can access both by simply clicking on the links. 

I have discovered a new love of coloring with my Photoshop application. While it is really fun for me, I do still have a great deal to learn with the application.  


This is a project that is so far out of my comfort zone that I required some input from my SIL and my SBFF.  Both were instrumental in helping me get the project completed. 

The coloring was easy, and putting the box together was easy, putting the design together was a wee bit more difficult.  There are some fun elements on this box.  The metal gears, the paper flowers, and even the hidden clock face with the metal clock hand peaking out.  

Once I completed the Scalloped box, I used the Stencils and purple ink to create a half clock face.  Unfortunately, once I added the rest of my elements, you cannot see the stenciled clock.  I added the tulle with some hot glue to hold it securely.  

I used the print and cut feature of my Cameo to cut out the digi, and add a black shadow behind her.  I then added her to my box with pop dots so she would stand off the box.  

I purchased white paper flowers, and used Tattered Angels glitter spray to color the black one, and Tim Holtz alcohol ink to color the purple one.  I was a little disappointed in the color it turned out. I was wanting it to be a darker purple. 

Sticking with the steam punk theme, I added some metal gears to go along with the gears in the digi, and a metal clock hand on the right hand side to support the stenciled clock face.  I finished off the candy box by adding some black lace around the outside of the lid. 












Here is what I used to finish this project:  Steam Punk BestieLittle Scraps of Heaven Designs called a Scalloped Gift Box, Tim Holtz metal gears and metal clock hands. I also used I also used the Tim Holtz layering stencils Clock face.  Paper flowers and Tim Holtz inks. 

Kimberly 

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.